Organised walks are either a Family Walk approximately 6 - 8 miles or an 'A'
Walk 10 - 12 miles. If you need more information please telephone the walk's leader.
For further information or advice please telephone Frank McChrystal on 0161 449 8114.
Guidelines for Walkers
- Please make sure that you are fit enough to undertake the walk you intend to join.
If you're unsure of your fitness level, try a short and easy walk first: it's much
better to find a walk a little too slow and easy than to make yourself miserable and
- Most walks are off-road in rural areas. Please have suitable footwear and clothing
for the walk you intend to join, and bring some food and drink, even if the walk includes a
pub or café break. Leaders may refuse to accept participants who in their opinion are
inadequately equipped or unfit. When in doubt, contact the organisers or the walk leader
- For your own and others' safety please read and abide by any advice and guidelines
issued by the organisers, and the instructions of the walk leader. Though walking is
inherently one of the safest outdoor activities, no activity is completely without risk
and it is your responsibility to behave sensibly and to minimise the potential for accidents
- If you wish to leave the walk by walking on ahead or finishing early, make sure you let
the leader know. The leader's responsibility ends when you leave the main group.
- Non members of the Holy Spirit Ramblers are welcome to join us on up to 3 'Taster Walks'.
However after this they will be expected to join as full members and pay the annual
membership fee of £5.
- Our Group encourages car sharing and walkers usually meet at the church car park. Drivers often appreciate it when a voluntary contribution is made by passengers.
See the newsletter for details of any changes or phone the leader.
For information about the 'weekends away' phone Marian Thompson on 427 7254 or
Mike Walton on 427 5214. Walkers need to be insured so make sure you have paid
your annual subs of £5.